Significant projects to restore the¬†catchment including its waterways have been completed or are underway by various organisations with future¬†action being identified and planned.
- A large number of Small projects have been completed by JRCMA and its partners in the past as are depicted in the interactive catchment restoration map.¬†These have involved cooperation and partnerships between land holders, community organisations, and government agencies and local Government Councils. Many have utilised funding from Commonwealth programmes such as the National Landcare Programme (NLP), the National Heritage Trust (NHT 1 and NHT 2) and most recently Caring for Our Country (CFOC).
- One outstanding component of the Caring For Country programme is the funding of¬†Reef Rescue Projects,¬†joint projects with farmers, specifically targeted at improving water quality and improved farm practices to reduce runoff impacts to the Great Barrier Reef.
- The Cassowary Coast River Improvement Trust (formerly the Johnstone Shire River Improvement Trust) exercises its statutory¬†powers to undertake specific river repair projects including desiltation and bank stabilisation. These are reflected on the river trusts assets map.¬†<link>..
Use the above mapping links to explore some of our and our partners‚Äô projects and activities and identify potential future sites and actions.
Landowner in-kind contributions towards completing this massive restoration task are always welcomed.
MEET OUR REPAIRERS and RESTORERS
- CASSOWARY COAST¬†RIVER IMPROVEMENT TRUST¬†– Contact: Ph:
- TERRAIN NATURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT¬†– Contact: Ph:
- JOHNSTONE RIVER CATCHMENT MANAGEMENT ASSN. INC¬†– Contact: Ph: